Frequently Asked Questions

What services does Peaceful Living provide?
Personal cares, housekeeping, transportation, 24 hour live in, medication reminders/assistance/administration, companion care, grocery shopping, assist with daily living,
Adult Family Homes & Group Residential Homes (MN)

How long had Peaceful Living been in business?
We have been in business and serving the area since 2003.

What area does Peaceful Living service?
Western Wisconsin: St. Croix, Pierce, Polk, Dunn, Barron Counties
and currently expanding into Washington County Minnesota.

What type of training do the personal care workers receive?
Peaceful Living offers a comprehensive training program for our Personal Care Workers (“PCW”) which encompasses 3 categories of learning. 1) 3 hours of the “Personal Care Assistance Training Modules” on line training, 2) 6 hours of training at our Peaceful Living office with our Training Specialist, and 3) Up to 24 hours of on-site training with the Program Manager with client specific training.   Ongoing training is given for any additional information that the PCW may need for changes in that client including annual

Does Peaceful Living have male and female staff?
Yes, Peaceful Living has both male and female personal care workers

Does Peaceful Living provide transportation for the client?
Yes, our PCWs are able to transport clients to doctor’s appointments,
grocery shopping etc. if authorized.

Do you have a minimum amount of hours per visit?
Yes, our minimum is 2 hours for local clients and 3 hours for rural clients

How do you screen your employees?
Peaceful Living does background and reference checks on all our employees.
Our employees are also bonded and insured.

Do you have Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA’s)?
We employee Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA’s), Home Health Aides (HHA’s),
Personal Care Attendant(PCA’s) and Personal Care Workers (PCW’s)

Can you provide personal cares at the work site for a client receiving Medicaid services?
In Wisconsin, personal care services provided for Medicaid clients must be done in the client’s home.  In Minnesota, personal care may be provided outside the client’s home.

Will Medicare cover the services that I need?
Medicare does not cover personal care services, and Peaceful Living is not a Medicare certified agency

How do I find out if any of my needs may be covered by Medicaid?
Call your local ADRC (Aging and Disability Resource Center) or call the local Human Services Department and they will be able to answer any questions regarding this matter.

Will insurance cover the services that I need?
Some insurance companies will cover in home services if you have Long term Insurance for In Home services, contact your insurance company regarding your specific plan.

How do I reach someone after hours?
For all emergency calls only, we are on-call 24 hours a day and 7 days per week.  All non-emergency calls are taken during business hours between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

How much do services cost?
The rate depends on the level of care that the client needs, please call our Peaceful Living phone number to get more details and current rate for services that you are looking for.